Monday, January 12, 2009

Life is Beautiful



I'm just looking for a little inspiration, a little meaning in my life.

I go from night to day, day to night, trying to find that surge of meaning out of something that doesn't have inherent meaning. Trying to connect to people I don't have an inherent connection with.

But life's a journey, it's a process. Not a destination.

I spoke with my soul sista' tonight and, as usual, we were on were on the same journey, just different details. We connected, we shared our struggles, our feelings of emptiness, of no motivation, of not caring.

"But Raiz, its from these phases that real determination to GET THERE sprouts. That's how I feel...just got to get up and move," She said, emphatically.

Just get up and move.

Just get up and move.

So we plan. How will I move? Where will she go?

And then Matisyahu raps from my computer, "Exaltation my G-d of salvation..."

and

"So high, so low, I don't know where but we've got to go there.."

Just get up and move.

Just get up and move.

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.

Life IS up's and life is downs.

Life IS conflict.

Life IS struggle.

But you gotta keep moving.

Stay connected to your journey.

Because...

Life IS also Beautiful.


8 comments:

David said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and i must say it's beautiful!

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

raiz i love you - you are such a hippy. quit your day job and become a writer
~mandy

Mimi said...

Love how the conversation and the song tied in...
GO RAIZUSH!
Cheering for you from across the oceans...
LOVE,
Your soul sista ;-)

Anonymous said...

Raizel, I LOVE YOU!!!
thanks for waking up my soul... missing you my dear...
<3 sarah ',:)

Anonymous said...

Raizel, your writing is awesomely beautiful...and super inspirational...keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hi Raiz!
Beautiful flower oh my goodness! it made life seem rich just looking at it. It was good reading your post - sometimes i think the get up and move involves noticing and taking advantage of small opporunities that come our way and then maybe looking back a little later and realizing all those little steps are making a path - maybe. the beginnings of a path.

Fajita said...

:')

:')

shalom

mwa.

and serz, raiz, go there

blessings from Israel

Anonymous said...

I checked out your blog and its amazing. youre an incredible writer, a deep thinker, and an emesdik jew- truly an inspiration. thank you for highlighting some important lessons that so many people can benefit from.